Missing Muse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A general literate roleplaying forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Missing Muse!
Missing Muse is a literate general roleplaying forum, which also has a place where other types of writing can be posted for feedback. Please be sure to read the Rules, What We're All About, and Literacy Expectations pages. If you have any further questions, just ask an admin. Post a request in the Roleplay Search or Finding the Muse boards to get started!
Latest topics
» I'd Go To <<WAR>> For You [[Kina//Kage]]
Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:19 pm by Kina

» Adult Education Program
Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 4:36 am by vilayvonetownsend

» MercuryxReese [[Livvia//Kage]]
Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 4:35 am by vilayvonetownsend

» Literacy Expectations
Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 4:33 am by vilayvonetownsend

» Citystuck: Gamzee/Tavros
Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:17 pm by Upsidedownrain

» ROL3PL4Y3RS: PL4N THR34D
Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 8:33 pm by Cecila

» Citystuck: Karkat/Eridan
Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 2:02 am by Kina

» ==> CiiTy2tUcK //A Homestuck AU\\
Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 5:15 am by Kina

» Like, {/{•Fashion Buddies•}\} Shoes (Anthro Ardell and Tranze)
Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 2:17 am by Cecila

Top posting users this week
No user
Affiliates
Mirror's Gate love is our resistance
free forum

Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cecila

Cecila

Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Empty
PostSubject: Always Read{{Black Butler \Contract\}}The Fine Print   Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 6:19 pm

MESSENGER SERVICES

Will deliver messages of any kind for a fee. Distance does not matter. To arrange a delivery, meet...

Blue eyes stared at the advertisement, not even bothering to read past the first sentence. He already knew what it said, anyhow. It was his- his own advertisement set up to hopefully reel in some customers. He needed the money. Badly.

Life without money was a difficult thing to go through- especially when just by himself. His mother was barely alive anymore, and his father was nonexistent in his memory. For a long while, he and his mother were able to survive on his mother's savings. But this was only able to last for so long; the money dried up within months without any source of income. This advertisement was an attempt to recover what was lost, and keep them from having to leave their house as well as to continue his mother's treatment. He had already sacrificed more than a few dinners in an effort to stretch the money as much as possible for this last service. He refused to let her die before her time.

The boy turned from the advertisement board, beginning his walk back home. He used to have a horse for such travel, but the beautiful mare had been sold nearly a month ago. The sale was impossible to avoid- his 'business' had not had a sufficient amount of customers, and it was very lucky indeed that he had been able to find a suitable amount for the horse.

Eventually his steady walk broke out into a run as he became conscious of the time. Was his mother alright? He needed to check on her...

His nearly misshapen shoes smacked heartily on the cold stone has his speed increased.

Last edited by Cecila on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kage

PostSubject: Re: Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print   Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 6:45 pm

Above the house loomed a kind of deadly aura, the large form of a deep black crow perched atop the roof of the house, its beady black eyes staring far off, as if it were looking for something-- waiting for something.

It flapped its wings and flew down to a window on the side of the house, eyes staring through into the house, at the sickly woman in the bed. Its beak pecked at the window once or twice before it began a round of caws, the sounds echoing off the other houses around it.

As the sounds of shoes against the stone streets lifted to the dark bird's ears its head turning to look in the direction of the sound. The crow's black eyes landed on a boy's form, running in the direction of the house that it was so calmly perched on at the window. Damn brats always had to ruin everything when they were about to get an easy meal.
With another caw, this one loud and piercing, and only one, the crow beat its wings and come down from the windowsill, flying into the cover of the dark spaces between the houses and seemingly disappearing completely.
Back to top Go down
Cecila

Cecila

PostSubject: Re: Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print   Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:21 pm

Within moments the boy was at the door, familiarly opening the door with a small black key. The door, worn and dirty from stains of the years, swung open on slightly-squeaky hinges. The small key was dropped back into his pocket as the boy stepped inside.

"Mother?" his voice was not high nor low, but in the middle stages of teenaged years. It left the throat with minor scratches, but spread out into the air with a resounding quality. Many would be able to understand his words even at a reasonable distance.
Back to top Go down
kage

PostSubject: Re: Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print   Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:50 pm

"Oh... Edwyn...." Came the woman's weak and dying voice. It was soft and quiet, worn out, and had the slightest tinge of and oldness to it, despite her age not being that of the elderly field yet. "I saw the most... lovely bird on the windowsill..." She breathed, lifting her hand up slightly, aiming to pick herself up into a lazy sit against the headboard. "It tapped it's beak against the window, I felt... like I should have let it in..." The woman's voice murmured, throat scratchy. This sentence was then followed by a hacking serious of horrible sounding coughs and gags. The woman could barely hold it anymore.

She was so weak, so tired of being in agony for so long. Edwyn's mother closed her eyes with a very deep, very heavy, very raspy sigh, and she seemed to just... die.
Back to top Go down
Cecila

Cecila

PostSubject: Re: Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print   Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:52 pm

"Mo-Mother!" Edwyn exclaimed, the boy hurrying to her bedside. His hands fell on her fallen arm, eyes wide. "Mother- are you alright?" the question was more like a beg. When no reply came, he urgently began to shake her, but gently so. His own words became a blur and a little senseless as he began to realize how much trouble his dearly loved mother was in.

Tears began to well in his blue eyes.
Back to top Go down
kage

PostSubject: Re: Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print   Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:09 am

"Oh my, you're making such a racket." Came a deep tone of an older man, one that was in his twenties, by the sounds of it. The black crow was on the desk beside the table, it opened his wings and the room was suddenly shrouded in darkness, the crow disappearing with it. Only the boy was visible, as if he were sitting in a pitch black area, even the walls weren't seen through the thick blackness. His mother was visible, but only very slightly, as if a black fog was lingering around her slumped over body.

"It seems that you're in quite the bit of a trouble, boy.... Would you care to make a deal with me?" The demon's voice echoed around the black hole of a room, the nearly razor-like feathers of his wings reaching out behind the boy from out of nowhere before disappearing back into the darkness, as only a voice.
Back to top Go down
Cecila

Cecila

PostSubject: Re: Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print   Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:59 am

Edwyn looked around as the voice echoed around him, the darkness seeming to swallow everything around him. He felt as though he should be terrified...but something about that seemed impossible. The darkness felt entrancing, almost comforting, but with a sense of strength just under its fog. Was that strength dangerous? He knew it must be so, but again, that terror would not barge through.

"...What...kind of deal?" he asked, tentatively at first, into the unknown air.
Back to top Go down
kage

PostSubject: Re: Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print   Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 1:03 am

"I could save her, if that is what you wish.... I'll make them all come true, boy, all you have to do is wish it, and I'll make it happen. You just owe me something when it's all over...~" The tone said with an almost playful hiss, the demon's face appearing behind the boy for a moment before a sharp wing curled against his shoulder. "What do you say?" The wing and face disappeared with a puff of black smoke, the sound of the man's voice echoing off the darkness.
Back to top Go down
Cecila

Cecila

PostSubject: Re: Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print   Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 2:18 pm

Edwyn fell silent at the proposal, blue eyes trailing over to the dark image of his bed ridden mother. "I want..to save her," he said quietly, then more loudly, "Help her. I don't care what it is that I have to give you- just save her!" the plea was desperate and emotional, and almost a whine.
Back to top Go down
kage

PostSubject: Re: Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print   Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 2:29 pm

"As you wish." The demon's voice faded, the room lightened and a dark aura lifted from the boy's mother, a tall man with jet black hair (short as it was, it was gelled back neatly) stood over the sickly woman, his face pressed against hers as if a kiss were in process.

Only a small moment passed when he stepped back and seemed to swallow something.

The woman stirred once.
Then again.
And then another time after that.

"E-Ed..wyn...." The woman called gently, although it lacked any hoarseness from before. Her face, too, looked a bit less pale and sickly.
Back to top Go down
Cecila

Cecila

PostSubject: Re: Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print   Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 2:43 pm

The boy's eyes widened as he saw his mother come to life, Edwyn launching himself into a hug. "Mother!" he exclaimed with joy, "how are you feeling?" He didn't seem to pay attention to the demon in the room, or even notice.
Back to top Go down
kage

PostSubject: Re: Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print   Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 2:52 pm

"Weak, dear... weak... but... strangely better." The woman murmured, her calm eyes lying on her son as she gave him a return hug, holding the boy's shoulders. "Oh Edwyn... You're going through so much... however will you take care of yourself should something happen...?"

"Oh I wouldn't worry about that Madam." Came the man's calm and smooth voice as he stepped forward. "I've been hired to keep you healthy, as that is what your son wishes." The demon gave a simple smile and bowed towards the woman.

"O-oh... oh my, I'm not sure... I think he needs more watch than I... Oh Edwyn- What about you business? You're horse, how will you manage?" The woman nearly cried, her eyes tearing up. "You loved that horse, Edwyn..."
Back to top Go down
Cecila

Cecila

PostSubject: Re: Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print   Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 3:13 pm

Edwyn's eyes flicked up to the man, blinking once with left over tears. He didn't understand what had just happened, nor how it could have happened. Should he be wary of this deal?

His attention was snapped back to his mother at her words, the boy giving a shaky smile. "It'll be alright, Mother," he answered. "I'll get another..."

The question of the deal was sent out of his head. He no longer cared what the consequences would be, as long as this was possible...
Back to top Go down
kage

PostSubject: Re: Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print   Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 4:03 pm

"When you're in need of a horse, shall I get one for you?" The man smiled. "Shall we talk in a separate room, perhaps? Your mother needs her rest." The man's red-brown eyes glancing at the door to the room.

"Oh, yes Edwyn... I'd like to rest a while longer, please. Go have fun, won't you...? For your mother..."
Back to top Go down
Cecila

Cecila

PostSubject: Re: Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print   Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 4:12 pm

"Oh, yes, Mother," Edwyn replied, getting to his feet. He gave a swift glance at the man before leading him into another room.
Back to top Go down
kage

PostSubject: Re: Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print   Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 5:25 pm

The demon stared down at the teenage boy, his red-brown eyes blinked slowly as he looked him over simply. "Shall we go over the contract, then?" He muttered, holding up his hand and removing a black glove from covering the skin, a circle with an intricate design swiveling around inside of it glowed a light purple.
Back to top Go down
Cecila

Cecila

PostSubject: Re: Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print   Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 8:10 pm

"Con...tract...?" the boy began, staring at the symbol on the man's hand. He seemed mystified by it, despite knowing little of what he'd just done.
Back to top Go down
kage

PostSubject: Re: Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print   Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 8:12 pm

"Yes, you created a contract with me the moment you spoke your wish. Now, would you like to discuss the terms of said contract now?" The demon muttered, his eyes looking at the kid for a moment before he shook is head the slightest bit. "We should finalize this soon, young master." The man muttered, staring down at the child.
Back to top Go down
Cecila

Cecila

PostSubject: Re: Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print   Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 12:53 am

"...What..kind of terms?" the boy asked, unsure, but then thought of a quick connection. "You mean, servitude? Terms of service?"
Back to top Go down
kage

PostSubject: Re: Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print   Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 1:00 am

"Indeed, that is what you intended, did you not? When you made this contract, you are supposed to name your terms of service, and I will do my utmost to fulfill them at all costs, young master." The demon's low eyes stared at the boy. "Now will you please make your statements?" His hand was held up the slightest bit, as if he were waiting.
Back to top Go down
Cecila

Cecila

PostSubject: Re: Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print   Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 1:07 am

Edwyn was in thought for a moment. "Okay.." he began, looking back up at the man. A spark flicked in his eye. "I want you to be and do whatever I want, whenever I want." he determined. "Also to keep my mother alive." the words were heavy with importance.
Back to top Go down
kage

PostSubject: Re: Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print   Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 1:09 am

"As you wish, master." The demon muttered, holding his hand out for a moment before he unbuttoned the boy's shirt, pressing his palm right over his heart and holding the boy against the wall as the contract was sealed between the two.

An engraving of the symbol on the demon's hand carved into the boy's skin neatly and with the same design, and of the same color as well.

"I will do as you wish." The demon stepped back, pulling the glove back over his hand and closing his red-brown eyes with a simple bow.
Back to top Go down
Cecila

Cecila

PostSubject: Re: Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print   Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 1:43 am

Edwyn cried out as he felt a strong force rack through his chest, the boy gasping for air until it was over. He stared at the man as he bowed, recovering from the shock. "Who...who are you?"
Back to top Go down
kage

PostSubject: Re: Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print   Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 2:14 am

"I'm whoever you want me to be, as you wished, young master." The man stood back up, staring at the boy.
Back to top Go down
Cecila

Cecila

PostSubject: Re: Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print   Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 2:15 am

"...But...a name? What do I call you?" the boy asked, not familiar with deals with demons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print   Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Always Read{{Black Butler \\Contract\\}}The Fine Print
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Missing Muse :: The Performance :: Fandoms-
Jump to: