Missing Muse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A general literate roleplaying forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Missing Muse!
Missing Muse is a literate general roleplaying forum, which also has a place where other types of writing can be posted for feedback. Please be sure to read the Rules, What We're All About, and Literacy Expectations pages. If you have any further questions, just ask an admin. Post a request in the Roleplay Search or Finding the Muse boards to get started!
Latest topics
» I'd Go To <<WAR>> For You [[Kina//Kage]]
If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:19 pm by Kina

» Adult Education Program
If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 4:36 am by vilayvonetownsend

» MercuryxReese [[Livvia//Kage]]
If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 4:35 am by vilayvonetownsend

» Literacy Expectations
If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 4:33 am by vilayvonetownsend

» Citystuck: Gamzee/Tavros
If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:17 pm by Upsidedownrain

» ROL3PL4Y3RS: PL4N THR34D
If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 8:33 pm by Cecila

» Citystuck: Karkat/Eridan
If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 2:02 am by Kina

» ==> CiiTy2tUcK //A Homestuck AU\\
If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 5:15 am by Kina

» Like, {/{•Fashion Buddies•}\} Shoes (Anthro Ardell and Tranze)
If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 2:17 am by Cecila

Top posting users this week
No user
Affiliates
Mirror's Gate love is our resistance
free forum

If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Cecila

Cecila

If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner   If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 2:43 am

Feeling the hostility from the wounded elf, Ardell stepped a small bit closer to Kina. He had no thought process on the act, and no actual belief that Ari would snap at her. "Those weapons will come in handy, at least," he determined. With these words, he couldn't help but take a look around at the wounded that had suffered during the fight.
Back to top Go down
Kina

If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner   If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 2:46 am

Kina had to nearly bite her tongue off to keep from chewing the elf out about the whole thing. Though it hardly helped- and she had to remove herself from the tent. Outside, she surveyed the horrifying damage with rage in her stomach.

Kou sighed and kneeled next to the bed, shaking his head and frowning. "..You uh...you really scared me there, Ari- krm..." He looked away, "Heh...n-n-n-not that I was scared or anything- nope! Not scared! Ahahah..." He swallowed heavily.
Back to top Go down
kage

PostSubject: Re: If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner   If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 2:51 am

"You care only for yourself, you sick creature." The elf suddenly turned his cold gaze to Kou, his hand pressed against the ground. "When I die, I die. This is none of your concern, and just because you've seemed to imprint on me for whatever reason, doesn't mean that fate shall not come sooner or later. We all die sooner or later." The elf's eyes narrowed before he began to struggle into a stand, getting up from the cold ground. He had to stop halfway and was forced to sit back down for a good moment before hoisting himself up.

"Now... I do believe you should inform the other refugees of what I'd mentioned earlier to you, old friend." Arivin nodded with the slightest hint of a smile towards Ardell.
Back to top Go down
Cecila

Cecila

PostSubject: Re: If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner   If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 3:01 am

Ardell nodded. "I will," he promised, "but later. Before we move." his scanning eyes landed on one of the wounded in particular, Con. She was the type that would want to make such an announcement, or at least the one to yell out the loudest in celebration. He looked back at Arivin. "Do you want to be the one that tells them? You're the guard, after all."
Back to top Go down
kage

PostSubject: Re: If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner   If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 3:05 am

"Indeed I shall if that is what you think is best." He nodded. "But I agree, later... when wounds are healed and spirits should be lifted." Arivin nodded lightly before he stepped back from a sway, woozy from the lose of much blood. He ended up leaning into Kou again, his feet sliding against the floor the slightest bit.
Back to top Go down
Kina

PostSubject: Re: If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner   If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 3:13 am

Kou caught the young man in his arms, blinking rapidly. "...Well, when you die, your soul goes somewhere..." He muttered, voice low so only Ari could hear him- and even then, just barely. Now he helped the boy to stand taller. "Maybe you should rest more." He continued.
Back to top Go down
kage

PostSubject: Re: If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner   If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 1:53 pm

Arivin didn't make a response for a while, but eventually gave a very small bob of his head, his eyes low. "Don't let me rest for too long..." He muttered, putting himself back down against the ground and shivering as the cold ran up through his back and chilled his skin. Over all the years of being forced to work for giants in this weather, he still could never get used to it....

He missed the dessert sun beating down on his back, warming his skin and his whole body. How it made his copper hair soak it up and warmed his skull as well. He missed the dessert breeze, too, how it never failed to cool one's skin off with the simplest of gusts. He missed it all- he missed their homeland, Filia, and the rest of the dessert. If they could only just get passed this devilish tundra... they'd be back to the dessert in no time-- back to Filia in no time. "I have... Raindell scout around the area..." The elf guard suddenly muttered, lifting his hand up slightly and curling his fingers into a fist. The raptor suddenly appeared with a white mist, sitting on the elf's forearm. "Go scout, Rain." Ari told the falcon, whom beat it's wings and left through the opening of the tent.
Back to top Go down
Kina

PostSubject: Re: If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner   If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 2:53 pm

Kou gave a shaky nod. "...." He looked away from the boy and put a hand to his head, walking outside. ...He had never felt such sudden terror before. He had just come so close to obliteration he could have touched it.
"..." He stared at the sky, body still trembling a bit.
Back to top Go down
Cecila

Cecila

PostSubject: Re: If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner   If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 3:09 pm

The blond elf nodded, watching as the falcon took to the sky. "I'll be outside," he said suddenly, turning and exiting the tent. He began to search for Kina.
Back to top Go down
kage

PostSubject: Re: If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner   If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:00 pm

A few hours passed since things had died down, and the elves were shuffling around. Arivin had woken up and situated himself. He held a heavy limp, as he was still in pain and sore, but he walked with a steady pace.

Now the elf, after having gathered the others up, was standing at the front of them. His earring hit against his throat as he turned his head to the side, looking around at the little crowd of elves. "This won't take long," He began, shifting his weight from his right side to his left, holding his hand against his side. "For those that do not know me, or remember, I am Arivin Fengári..." The elf paused, watching the others reactions of small mumblings. Nobody knew. It was fine, he was somewhat glad. "I am the Princess's Head Guard." He closed his eyes and bowed his head slightly. "I know it's been a tough couple of years... but I'm here to relay the message that your Princess is alive and well. And safe." The elf lifted his head and stared amongst the crowd, the slightest of smiles on his smooth face.
Back to top Go down
Kina

PostSubject: Re: If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner   If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:35 pm

Kina, standing near the back of the crowd leaning against one of the tents, cracked a slight smile. She had a rather friendly relationship with the elven princess, and it was good to hear she was alive and well. She did not speak in reaction, however.
Kou stood nearby where his imprinted stood. There was a good chance he was never letting the young man out of his sights again. Not after how close they had come...
Back to top Go down
Cecila

Cecila

PostSubject: Re: If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner   If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:39 pm

The other elves had gathered quickly and wholly; even the wounded had found it within themselves to venture out of the tent. Enoch still watched them from his place near Arivin, though his staring eyes, as usual, seemed to hint otherwise. Con sat next to him, her injury, while no longer life threatening, still causing implications with standing. Her hair, while not pulled back as usual due to implications with the bandaging, was deliberately straightened out on the sides to cover her most hated deformity. Despite the invisibility of the ravaged ears, she could only fend off the feeling that others were staring. Her own eyes were settled on the guard, watching intently and forcing herself to focus on his words. Ardell also stood near this group, possibly from sheer habit.

After Ari's words, the elves began to cheer. It started as a subtle sound, building up drastically as the meaning became more clear. Many clapped and jumped, and others hugged each other. Excited over any sort of victory against the giants, Con was simply ecstatic. She held a wide grin on her face, and attempted to stand- but was quickly halted by Enoch. Instead she decided to get details, her voice having to be forcibly raised above the crowd. "Where'd she go?" the question was incredibly important to her. For, while they had successfully escaped the mines, there was still the matter of location. They had no idea where they were going to go, or if even the desert would be safe for them now.
Back to top Go down
kage

PostSubject: Re: If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner   If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 11:27 pm

"She was hidden in Talli, I'm afraid. We had to keep her safe... However, I came back, leaving her in good hands, and in care of our guards stationed there. And then I was captured. This is not of importance, though, as I've been given word that she's fine, and worried about you all. She's doing all she can." The guard bowed his head slightly and stepped back, bumping into Kou. "Human, would you mind your own space?" Arivin hissed, steel blue eyes glaring almost harshly towards the man.
Back to top Go down
Kina

PostSubject: Re: If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner   If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 7:40 pm

Kou, a bit out of character, shoved the man back in what almost seemed like a physical attack.
"I would, if every time I 'minded my own space' you didn't wind up in pieces!" He snapped harshly, taking an advancing step on him.
Back to top Go down
kage

PostSubject: Re: If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner   If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 10:41 pm

Arivin stood his ground then, glaring at the man with his cold eyes. "Watch it, or I might just go and find a giant or two." The elf snarled, jabbing his sharp nails against the human's chest.
Back to top Go down
Cecila

Cecila

PostSubject: Re: If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner   If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 8:44 pm

With the great news told and the dead buried as best they could be in the snow, the elves set off with the reasonable desire to get as far away as possible from the battlefield. There was so much ill aspects of the sight- the ground had become a crystallized red from just the shed blood alone. There was also little telling if the giants would send others to check out the absence; it was better to just assume that they would, and avoid any more confrontations.

The walk, however, was a long one due to the many injuries. They had also only stopped the day before to set up camp, and most were clearly exhausted. Con's head injury, while not inhibiting her typical personality very much, still concerned the only mage in the group. He constantly watched her, and at one point this caution became needed when the female elf collapsed. It was a great scare, but she awoke only seconds later, staring up at her companions' anxious gazes.

An hour or so after that, they decided to go on and put up camp once more. It was a small distance, but enough for the chance that the distance could hide any smoke from the immediately built fire. The group crowded around the pulsing flames, many falling asleep instantly as the warmth brushed their faces. Others remained anxious and frightened enough to stay awake; glances were often tossed about to the frozen land, wary of another disaster. Some mourned for the fallen.

Ardell watched the fire grow and tickle the scarce wood, wondering at who would be serving guard tonight. He himself, as well as Con and Enoch, had done the job a few nights now already. It would be better to let someone else take it up...someone less....tired. The elf had to stifle a yawn at the conclusion.
Back to top Go down
Kina

PostSubject: Re: If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner   If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 2:05 am

"Up late again?' Came the female tone from behind the elf, the young human female sliding up to his form and wrapping her arms around his waist. "...It's not healthy for you to be staying up all the time- what with all this stress flying around."
Back to top Go down
Cecila

Cecila

PostSubject: Re: If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner   If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 2:13 am

The elf looked over his shoulder with a soft smile. "...I know," he sighed, "...but I need to pick someone out to do the official watch." Ardell tossed a glance around, as though ready to single out the next person to so much as look his way. Enoch and Con were nowhere to be seen.
Back to top Go down
Kina

PostSubject: Re: If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner   If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 5:23 pm

"I'll do it!" Came a chipper, high-pitched voice from overhead- one unfamiliar to Kina and making the wary human's head angle towards the sound. Soon there was a soft "shhf" noise behind her, the human whirling around to see what seemed to be a young boy.

His bright green eyes were wide and full of life- much unlike most of the elves she had encountered here. His face was round, fair and nearly effeminate- so much so that Kina questioned it was a male at all. His hair was short and messy, the color an off-white blond, and allowed for his short, pointed ears to show fully- the two appendages almost wedge-shaped. His stature was short and thin with the slightest bit of curve that again brought his gender into question- though his dress was that of a male. The boy's arms and sides sported bandages and bonds that were probably covering newer wounds he had gotten from the battle.

Kina relaxed as she noted that the newcomer was elven, and possibly even still a child. But he seemed no stranger to the bow on his back, which lessened the strangeness of his age to her. The boy stared up at Kina with his wide, circular, expressive eyes- looking her up and down.
"Who is this, Ardell?" He asked, looking past her to the named. Before the older elf could answer, the boy was addressing Kina again. "I'm Keig." He introduced himself, voice peppy and excited despite the circumstances around them. His mood and mannerisms threatened to bring her near to whiplash.
Back to top Go down
Cecila

Cecila

PostSubject: Re: If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner   If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 10:25 pm

Ardell turned around fully now, brown eyes landing on the young elf with relief. It was good to see him with only minor wounds. "This is Kina, Kieg." he introduced, "and would you? That'd be great." Kieg appeared very awake despite their troubles- a trait that was about the most important for someone to take up guard.
Back to top Go down
Kina

PostSubject: Re: If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner   If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 11:05 pm

Kieg gave a small salute, smiling widely. "Roger!" He exclaimed, moving around Kina-- almost appearing to completely forget she was there- and taking his place in front of where Ardell had stood- watching out into the distance for any intruders. Though he was young- he took any job he got seriously.

When the boy was ahead of Ardell and she was sure the boy wasn't watching- Kina suddenly leaned in to Ardell and gave his ear a playful nip, her hand landing on his thigh. She then took a step back, towards the tent. Her eyes were lowered and her face was the slightest bit blushed- prurient desires obvious in her visage.
Back to top Go down
Cecila

Cecila

PostSubject: Re: If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner   If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 11:18 pm

The elf jumped slightly at the nip, now fully awake as he alertly watched the human woman. His ears gave a couple of twitches, eyes looking up and down her frame. It had been so long since they'd been together...and suddenly, it seemed as though a second longer would be enough to drive him mad. There was a second of a glance around, and upon seeing none paying attention to them, stepped forward to follow her.
Back to top Go down
Kina

PostSubject: Re: If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner   If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 11:59 pm

Kina gave a mischievous purr and made to pull the elf into the nearby tent...but she quickly became aware of the boy's prescene again and- feeling a bit of sympathy for him, pulled Ardell a bit further into camp- a tent away from the boy where their noises might not disturb him.
Once inside, she closed the door to the tent and turned to Ardell- just smirking at him for a moment. She was of a mind to wait for him to make the first move.
Back to top Go down
Cecila

Cecila

PostSubject: Re: If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner   If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 12:09 am

Ardell's eyes sparked as the two stood together, the elf only resisting a moment before stepping closer. A hand lifted to her face, fingertips brushing lightly over the scarred skin. He smiled, bringing his face closer.
Back to top Go down
Kina

PostSubject: Re: If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner   If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 12:23 am

As Ardell's hand slid over the scar- Kina's mind suddenly clicked. She pulled away from the man, frowning deeply. "...." She turned away from him- expression ashamed and face down-turned. "....All these years..." She muttered, now looking back up, "...I have a man that looks like an Adonis." She smiled lightly, before the look fell and she seated herself on the bed. "...And he has a woman that looks like a chewed up rag-doll..." The scars all over her body burned with cold reproach as she thought of them- as if they were mocking her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner   If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If Only{{Kina/Ardell Dark Mabinogi}}You Could Have Looked Like That Sooner
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next